Haykal Plast manufactures HDPE 100 and HDPE 80 pipes (in blue and black colors) according to EN 12201 standards in 50, 100, 150 and 200 meter rolls, depending on pipe diameter.
PE pipes are used for several applications in the drainage and water solutions systems. PE is well known for its high resistance to chemicals, acids and other abraisive substences.
Haykal Plast manufactures HDPE 100 and HDPE 80 pipes specifically for potable water use. HDPE pipes have several properties that make them well suited for, and easy to use in, potable water systems.
Haykal Plast also manufactures LDPE pipes according to DIN 8072/8073 for potable water use and irrigation.
HDPE 100 is a strong material developed as result of long studies and research. It is resistant to high pressure. The thickness of its wall is thinner than those of PE 32, PE 40, PE 63 and PE 80 while having the same operating pressure and outer diameters. This property of PE 100 allows for a bigger inner pipe diameter, hence allowing for more water flow than other PE types while saving raw material.
- PE pipes are easy to use and flexible in the sense that they can be installed above ground (without digging) as well as below ground.
- Yield strength of HDPE is approximately 1/50 that of DI or steel and 1/5 that of PVC.
- Modulus of Elasticity of HDPE is much lower than other pipe materials, which means it is not as rigid.
- Low coefficient of friction means HDPE is very “slick.” This makes it easy for fittings to rotate on the pipe or migrate along it.
- Ease of handling due to flexibility and light weight.
- Chemical resistance.
- Long life with low operational costs (100+ years).